The Migrant Outreach Programme provides a link to the community and opportunities for on-going education for migrant workers.
In a border town with various nationalities there is a special need for a venue where everyone, regardless of race, religion, or occupation, feels welcomed.
The Migrant Outreach Programme offers
- A Centre to welcome Burmese Migrants
- Education Programmes for Migrant Workers
- English language learning
- Thai language learning
- Basic Computer Skills learning
- Support for Burmese Migrant Learning Centres
- ‘Growing Young Teachers’ Programme
Fr Frank Bird sm manages the Migrant Outreach Programme for Myanmar Migrant Workers along with graduates from the BMSP programme who give back their time and talent to support migrant workers on weekends who often left school aged 12 to support their families.